Here are the winners and their recipes of ‘ Mother’s Delight ‘ Children Special Healthy Recipe Contest!!
1st prize winner –
Participant’s Name – Neha Shah (Mother of Diaan, Sr.Kg. – Gunjan)
Recipe Name – Kids favorite ‘Tortilla salad wraps’
Dough for tortilla or chappatis
3/4 cup wheat flour
1/4 cup soya flour
1tbsp oil, tsp salt
Filling for wraps :
Boiled beans or leftover rajma
Lettuce, almonds, raisins,
Apple and carrot slaw and fresh fruits ( strawberries, pineapple, cherries, grapes, kiwi) yellow corn, salt and pepper to taste, honey.
Apple and carrot slaw:
Whisk yogurt, add chopped apples and shredded carrot to it, put salt and pepper to taste, oregano and mixed herbs,1 tsp honey and 1 tsp olive oil. Mix all the ingredients well.
1. Make round tortillas or rotis of the dough.
2. Take a round pot or tiffin box. Place the roti or tortilla in it. We let the kids assemble their salad bundles and put what they want like leftover beans, shredded lettuce ,almonds, raisins, berries, pineapples, American corn, chaat masala for tangy taste and apple and carrot slaw.
3.Roll the tortillas and let the kids tie it with palak leaves and can eat it as tacos.
Fruits and veggies should be an integral part of kids diet, they are “powerhouse of nutrients” packed with loads of vitamins, iron and antioxidants that have health promoting and disease preventing properties.
2nd prize winner –
Participant’s Name – Swati Desai (Mother of Janvi, Nursery – Daman)
Recipe Name- Healthy Paratha
1/2 cup toovar dal
1/2 cup whole green gram(moong dal)
1/4 cup channa dal
Wheat flour(as per requirement)
1tbsp garlic paste
1tbsp ginger paste
1tbsp green chili paste
2tbsn chopped coriander
1 chopped onion
Water to knead dough
Olive oil/ ghee/butter to grease
Salt to taste
To serve with: plain curd/ raita/ chutney.
1. Soak all dals in enough water overnight. (At least for 6 hrs)
2. Drain water properly from dals and grind it and make fine batter.
3. In batter, add all above mentioned ingredients (i.e. Ginger, garlic, chili paste, salt, onion, coriander). Add wheat flour and water as per requirements to make soft dough.
4. Keep away the dough for five to ten minutes.
5. Take a small portion of dough and roll out each into circle or triangle shape using wheat flour.
6. Cook on tava using either olive oil or ghee or butter till light brown spots appear.
7. Serve hot with plain curd, raita, green chutney.
1.To make this recipe more healthy, you can add various finely chopped vegetables, or can add ragi flour, paneer.
2. Instead of soaking dals overnight, you can clean dals with water and let it dry for a day. Then roast all dals properly till it turns light brown. Keep aside to cool. After that grind dals and make in powder form like wheat flour or rice flour and store in air tight container.
3. Use this flour to make roti, paratha, muthiya, chillas and many more.
3rd prize winner –
Participant’s Name – Melisa Haresh (Mother of Rachael, Jr.Kg. – Daman)
Recipe Name – Homemade biscuits for kids
1/2 To 3/4 Cup ghee
1/2 cup sugar powder
2 cardamom pod seeds
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1 &1/3 cup nagli flour (raggi)
1 cup wheat flour
4 to 5 figs (dry fruits of choice)
Sugar, almonds, figs, cardamom and cinnamon grind into a fine powder then in a bowl, mix all the ingredients with ghee and mix it well add both the flour and mix till smooth dough. Knead it for 5 to 7 min or till its soft and no lumps are there, shape it to a biscuit size and bake at 180•c for 20 to 25 mins. Your biscuit is ready.
Prepare these yummy & super delicious dishes at home and make your kids happy and healthy!!